Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Monster's First: Sporting Event

For a few months now, I've been in a Rhode Island lawyer's softball league. I'm on the Law Clerk's team, and it is a bit of an understatement to say we've lost a few games (all but one, really), but it's been a lot of fun and a nice way to be social outside of the office. Back at the beginning of the season, Stef was regularly attending our games and cheering us on. But, as you know, shortly after we found out she was pregnant Stef started feeling poorly, and so I started going to the games by myself.

Thankfully, Stef's been feeling much, much better. So good, in fact, that last night she suggested going to the game with me, and, as a result, the Monster got to "see" its daddy "play" sports for the first time. Of course, I cracked under the immense pressure, going 0-for-2 and letting two catchable balls drop in right field. The team lost, no thanks to my horrible performance, but everyone was good sports about it, so the Monster at least learned a bit about sportsmanship. Maybe next week I'll do better.

No comments: