Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Us!

Dear Monster,

Yesterday, your Mom and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary. It was really nice to share gifts, to go out to a nice dinner, and to just relax together. Even though we've only had a couple of anniversaries, I'd have to say that this one was probably our best yet . . . although that's mostly 'cause we're so super-excited about you!

Anyway, as it was our anniversary I got to thinking about how fast the past four years have gone by. Really, it's been a blur, and that's mostly a good thing, but sometimes you need nights like the one we had last night.

What's crazy is that, ignoring the fact that you can't even comprehend the concept of "time" yet, you'd probably think that four years was forever. I mean, four years is about 200 weeks older than you are now (or, alternatively, 26 times longer than you've been in existence)! Anyway, my point was that time goes by fast, especially when you're in love like your Mom and I are. I'm sure after you're born time is going to seem like it goes even faster. Nevertheless, I hope, for all our sakes, that we're able to slow down a little and just enjoy it like your Mom and I did last night.

Your Dad-to-be

No comments: